A careful read of the report clears a few things up, but apparently even the police spokesperson can't read them right.  There is probably no biker statement as she was noted as "incapacitated".  This is probably not a case of sudden overtaking right turn cutoff, as the truck had stopped to yield to a pedestrian crossing in front of him, and the driver claims to have had his turn signal on the whole time.

If he really did have his signal on, the biker shouldn't have passed on the right, thus the improper overtaking.  But we don't know if the truck was past the bike when he turned his signal on, in which case the biker might have assumed he was waiting for her also. Also don't know if his signal really was on, how far the truck had moved over, whether the bike stopped for the ped also, all those details that might make it less the bikers fault than the officer concluded.

I think the Denmark practice sounds scary as hell.  When that happens to me I either go around on the left or stop and wave them ahead.
Doug Adler

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Re: [Bikies] bicyclist hit by Water ******* truck