Hi, I'm new to this list and just got this...and would probably like to have attended and brought a dish to pass had there been more notice, directions, etc. if it was something that was not too far from me...??... thanks, Kelly

Michael D. Barrett writes:
Eastwood is closed for repairs this week and we are celebrating the reprieve from the dragstrip. Yup, the jackhammers are more pleasant than the racetrack. Cookout tomorrow night, all are invited! -Mike
The invite:
******************************
Hi Neighbors,
VISUALIZE "EASTWOOD PARK"!
Let's get together and enjoy the CALM and PEACEFUL space along
Eastwood Avenue (quick while it's still closed to traffic, it will
probably re-open this Friday). WHEN: This THURSDAY NIGHT AUGUST 28th, 6:00 pm ish.
POTLUCK: Bring something to share, Twink will bring out her grill, Ken
and the Kenland Band will play music.  Invite your friends and
neighbors; bring the kids, yard games, frisbees, skates, bikes,
colored chalk-- whatever you like (and if you are worried you will
miss out on the Dem. Conv., we'll have a boom box on hand).  No one is
officially hosting this so bring your own blankets, chairs, plates,
cups, and all the stuff you need.
WHERE:     Let's gather just a little EAST of RUSSELL ST @ EASTWOOD.
Come when you can. (Music around 6:00-7:00 ish).
Thanks Jo and Twink