From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:33 PM
To: bikies@danenet.org
Subject: [Bikies] $20/month bicycle commuter benefit has become law!

[matt at loganfamily.ws matt at loganfamily.ws ]

As part of the $700 billion financial bailout bill, a new bicycle
commuter fringe benefit tax write-off has been signed into law today.

The law applies to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2008, and
allows a business a tax-write-off of $20 per bike-commuter month per
year for employees that use a bicycle for a substantial portion of the
travel between an employees residence and their place of employment.

Hurray!