I do not own a GPS unit for my bike though I have briefly used two models from
the Garmin Edge series. Most of my GPS-for-bikes experience comes from working
in bicycle shops that sell GPS units. In general I have gleaned two things from
working with customers:

1) Most people seem generally very happy with the Garmin Edge series, even the
most basic model.

2) Garmin's customer and technical support for both customers and retailers of
the Edge series is, in my personal experience, absolutely terrible.

-Martin