This letter came across the Thunderhead list, with a request that groups
sign on. I forwarded it to the statewide list for the health coalition that
is working on physical activity and nutrition. Since a number of Wisconsin
health groups or county health organizations ended up signing on, I consider
it a sucess.

For those that are working with hroups not directly involved with
transportation - either professionally or as a volunteer - keep in mind that
these partnerships can significantly strengthen our voice. I've been working
with the coalition for a number of years. It took me awhile to make
community design, and the accompanying active transportation increase, a
significant plank in the coalition's platform, but now everyone "gets it,"
and we have health advocates on our side as well.

Robbie