I for one have used the Bici program in Barcelona and fell in love with it.  It
is not for tourists and that is usually the question that many ask you if you
ride on one of the red bikes but is a great way to get around.  I am lucky
enough to have a card with the help of my girlfriend's brother.  The card's
were relatively cheap when they started: around 8 euros but and I think that
the price has gone up since then.  I did make a silly video about how easy it
is to use one of the bikes and if I can find it on my camara, I will have to
post it on this site.  If you ever find yourself in Barcelona, it won't be
available for you as a tourist and you will have to rent a bike which is not
cheap but then again....seeing a city for the first time on bike is
priceless.....unless you prefer to walk then I won't argue with you at all.

Shae D.