Mark,

Thanks for getting this through.  The proposal as I read it in the newspaper
is basically the same proposal I tried unsuccessfully to get through PBMVC
in 2000.  Persistentence pays off!  Oh, and thanks for your efforts on the
Tocara path.  I have been using it a lot this winter.

>From another Mark

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Mark Clear <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fellow Bikies,
>
> I'm happy to announce that last night the Madison Common Council
> unanimously approved reconstruction of Old Middleton Road from Capital
> Avenue to the city of Middleton border. The cross section consists of
> 10-foot driving lanes and 5-foot bike lanes in each direction, and a
> sidewalk on one side. Construction will begin as soon as weather permits and
> should be complete by mid-summer.
>
> I probably don't have to tell any of you that Old Middleton is an important
> bicycle corridor, but one which has been made difficult and dangerous by the
> poor condition of the road for many years. Several previous attempts at
> projects over at least the last 15 years were stalled by battles between the
> competing interests in and beyond the neighborhood.
>
> You can view the complete plans here:
> http://www.cityofmadison.com/business/PW/documents/6286preliminary.pdf
> There was also a brief story on the project in Tuesday's Wisconsin State
> Journal:
> http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_24f519e4-04ad-11df-b636-001cc4c002e0.html
>
> Mark Clear
> _______________________________________________
> Bikies mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org
>



-- 
Mark N. Shahan                               ------  __o
607 Piper Drive                          -------  _`\<,_
Madison, WI 53711-1338             ---- (*)/ (*)
(608) 274-9367
[email protected]
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to