On 2016/05/30 21:51, Mark Clear via Bikies wrote:
Hello Bikies,

I got a tweet last week complaining that motorists don't obey the "no turn on red" on westbound Rimrock at John Nolen, putting cyclists on the trail at risk. Anyone else with this experience? Thanks.

Mark Clear

I wonder if any studies have been done on the effectiveness of the "light-up" NTOR signs that light up based on the traffic signal status. E.g. Atwood Ave at the Harmony Bar corner. As a motor vehicle driver, I find them eye-catching. If I had my druthers, every NTOR in the state would be so rigged. Either that, or the statute language / signage would be "flipped", so that the corners that _allow_ turn on red would have a "Right Allowed on Red After Stop (xxx time range)" sign, and the law would explicitly forbid the turn unless the sign is present (and in effect). I'm, er, not holding my breath. Meanwhile, this intersection would be an ideal candidate for a light-up sign, if indeed they're as effective as they appear (to me) to be.

--
Paul T. O'Leary
Chronic Nuisance