On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Robert Schultz via Bikies <
bikies@lists.danenet.org> wrote:

> As a side story, nobody batted an eye at me cutting my lock with an angle
> grinder on campus or on state street. Had anyone been curious I could have
> pulled out my store receipts listing my serial numbers as proof of
> ownership, but... it seemed nobody cared.

I've seen videos where they tested just that on NYC streets  - same
response, or lack thereof.

>   Anyway, I'm skeptical of any mechanical lock that's impossible for the
> rightful owner to defeat. Keys snap, cylinders freeze, and other bad stuff
> happens. I don't know enough about the Skunk Lock -- maybe there is some
> emergency hatch for authorized people (owners, city staff, locksmiths) to
> open the lock? But if so, that same 'back door' would kind of defeat the
> purpose. :-/

Didn't see but do they have a big sticker that says this lock will spray
skunk juice on you?   I suppose not, but seems like, as owner, I would know
to wrap it and wear a raincoat or something, make a small cut and run away
for a while etc.

On the 3rd hand, I've never had to cut my own lock off.

Andy Bach,
afb...@gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk