Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
On Tuesday 02 August 2005 09:25 am, Robin Bowes wrote:

There is another problem in that it can't handle "virtual" folders, i.e.
IMAP folders that can not store messages but are simply place-holders in
the IMAP folder hierachy. Again, I don't know whether this is a client
or server problem (most likely client as Outlook and Thunderbird both
handle these type of folders correctly.

bincimap and courier both allow folders to contain both messages and other folders.

Jeremy,

I know - I use them, hence the problem.

Like I say, I suspect that is a client problem. mailr uses the ruby imap library which would appear to have "issues"! Unless it's just that mailr is not using the library properly, i.e. assuming that all folders can contain messages.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,