The port will run configure for you. I believe that the same idea still
works. Since you already have it installed you'll want to:

# cd /usr/ports/mail/bincimap
# make clean
# CXXFLAGS="-g" make
# make deinstall
# make reinstall

When make is running you should see the calls to the compiler being
parameterized with -g.

-Bob