Alan Knowles wrote:
> I had similar problems with outlook, even went as far as tcpdumping the
> communication.. Unfortunatly, I had to replace binc, as this bug was
> annoying my client too much. - otherwise I would have been able to look
> at the problem in more detail.

> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 11:02 -0800, Bob Van Zant wrote:
>
>>I use MS Entourage on OS X to check my email. I have three IMAP accounts
>>that I routinely check. One is on an exchange server, another a Cyrus IMAP
>>server and finally a Binc IMAP server.

This is a known problem of Binc and is not really a Binc problem.

Entourage, Outlook, Outlook Express and Mac OSX Mail have implemented
the IMAP RFC faulty. They all expect to be able to use information from
one IMAP thread in another IMAP thread and this is not recommended in
the RFC on how to implement IMAP clients.

Altho there is a patch for this sitiuations that solves it 99% of the
times, check the invalidate cache patch at
http://people.su.se/~jelun/bincimap/unofficial_patches/ .

--
Jerry Lundström, System Developer
The Division of IT and media, Stockholm University, Sweden