On Monday 09 January 2006 19:13, Kenneth Lyons wrote:
> We've all been through this discussion. Like other users, it's the REPLYS
> that are filling my inbox. --which is why this email  is from scratch. I
> must have deleted at least 50 messages already.
>
> We use CLAMAV and it does a good job of bouncing  phishing emails like
> this, as well as email viruses. The list needs to have  *SOME TYPE*  of
> filtering. It's insane to run a  nearly open relay, (subscribing can be
> done with automated tools now a days).

Well the emails on the other thread do seem to be bouncing around still,
whereas this thread remains unaffected so far. Very strange. I would have
thought you could have blacklisted the address or even the entire domain -
why would paypal even need to email the list?

I use a combination of ClamAV, spamassassin and razor on my mail servers too,
but I took to allowing fairly high scores onto mailing lists due to some of
the senders apparently using bad ISPs with no rDNS on mail servers etc. May
be I should change that, but it would be a good idea to improve the
infrastructure that binc is hosted on. At least the server seems to have
calmed - hopefully we can get back to discussions of development and bug
fixing now ;)