Our March 2024 maintenance releases of BIND 9 are available and can be
downloaded from the ISC software download page, https://www.isc.org/download.

A summary of significant changes in the new releases can be found in their
release notes:

  - Current supported stable branches:

    9.16.49 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.16.49/doc/arm/html/notes.html
    9.18.25 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.18.25/doc/arm/html/notes.html

Note that this 9.18 version fixes a memory issue in the prior maintenance
version that was significant for some very busy resolvers.

  - Experimental development branch:

    9.19.22 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.19.22/doc/arm/html/notes.html

This release includes an important new feature, the substitution of a qp-trie
database for the red-black tree database. This is a significant change we are
preparing for the next stable branch. We would appreciate any reports on
observations or issues from those who are able to test this for us (report on
either the bind-users list or in the BIND Gitlab project at
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/ ).

---

We recommend that users planning to upgrade from either the EOL 9.11 branch or
the 9.16 branch should read the following documents first:

    https://kb.isc.org/docs/changes-to-be-aware-of-when-moving-from-911-to-916

https://kb.isc.org/docs/changes-to-be-aware-of-when-moving-from-bind-916-to-918