When I do a nslookup or dig I only see the first two servers and not sec2:
--------------------------
ns-1: nslookup
 set type=ns
 _tcp.utmck.edu
Non-authoritative answer:
_tcp.utmck.edu  nameserver = pri1.utmck.edu
_tcp.utmck.edu  nameserver = sec1.utmck.edu
pri1.utmck.edu       internet address = 165.6.12.12
sec1.utmck.edu      internet address = 165.6.14.13
--------------------------
Is there anything wrong with this configuration? Why is the sec2 server not seen
in the query for nameservers?
Thanks very much for your assistance.
Steve

try setting your query focus on the primary.

ns-1: nslookup
 server 165.6.12.12
 set type=ns
 _tcp.utmck.edu

Also, become more familiar with the "dig" command. It's much better than nslookup.

dig @165.6.12.12 _tcp.utmck.edu. NS