Al Stu wrote:
History is fraught with individuals or a few being ridiculed for putting forth that which goes against the conventional wisdom of the masses and so called experts, only to be vindicated once the masses and so called experts get their head out where the sun is shining and exposed to the light of day.

Once upon a time the world was 'flat'. For some of you, apparently is still is 'flat'.
and for every Einstein, Columbus, etc, there have been untold people whose
beliefs were not accepted. So whenever I see this line of argument advanced in a simplistic way, particularly with a hint of an heroic struggle against orthodoxy, I can't help thinking that the odds of "heretical views" being vindicated is pretty low.
One belief yet to be accepted is the existence of Martian sand whales.

*really plonk*