28800 ; refresh 8 hours
7200 ; retry 2 hours
864000 ; expire 10 days
86400 ) ; min ttl 1 day
NS ns1.harrisonburg.k12.va.us.
NS ns2.harrisonburg.k12.va.us.

A 0.0.0.0

* IN A 0.0.0.0
Before the all-numeric fields, your SOA record needs both an MNAME
field and an RNAME field. MNAME (which you have) should be the name of
the primary master; but if you fully-qualify the name you should
dot-terminate it, to avoid the zone origin ("00.devoid.us") from being
appended. RNAME is a standard SMTP contact email address for the zone,
e.g. ad...@harrisonbug.k12.va.us, with the @ in the email address
replaced with a dot. As with MNAME, make sure to dot-terminate RNAME
too if the domain part of the email address is fully-qualified. Your
SOA should have total of 7 fields, you're only showing 6; RNAME is
missing. A syntactically-better SOA might look like

@ IN SOA ns.hhs.harrisonburg.k12.va.us. admin.harrisonbug.k12.va.us. (
2004061000
28800
7200
864000
86400
)

Beyond that, I can't really tell because of the way email gets
reformatted, but if you have any whitespace before "@" or "*", that's
going to be a problem; the opening parenthesis should also be on the
first SOA line.

Last and least, the "min ttl" comment is misleading. The last field of
the SOA record is now used as the "negative caching TTL", not "minimum"
in any sense of the word. The comment should probably reflect that.

Note that you can use the named-checkzone utility -- included in the
BIND distribution -- to check a zone file for syntax errors, without
actually trying to get named to load the file.
- Kevin

Thanks, its been a while since I did a zone file. I new there was a way to check the file for errors, but couldnt remember it. I appreciate all the help.

take care,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante