Good morning,

I've conducted two maintenance windows to upgrade our BIND primary server to the new code to address the recent security vulnerability, but cannot get past the error below. I have Openssl 9.8.0k installed. I have no problems running tests from the openssl prompt. I have tried exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the /usr/local/ssl directory and have run the compilation with the --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl switch to no avail.

I am running Solaris 10 Sparc -

I know that there is a precompiled version of this BIND release on Sunfreeware, but I am trying to upgrade our primary nameserver and would rather to this than a clean uninstall/install.

Is there any insight into what wall I'm running into?

checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for uintptr_t... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking for struct lifconf... no
checking for kqueue... no
checking epoll support... no
checking sys/devpoll.h usability... yes
checking sys/devpoll.h presence... yes
checking for sys/devpoll.h... yes
checking if unistd.h or sys/types.h defines fd_set... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for OpenSSL library... using OpenSSL from /usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include
checking whether linking with OpenSSL works... no
configure: error: Could not run test program using OpenSSL from
/usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include.
Please check the argument to --with-openssl and your
shared library configuration (e.g., LD_LIBRARY_PATH).