bsfin...@anl.gov wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Tim Huffman<t...@bobbroadband.com>
wrote:
Guys,

We're a smallish (but growing) ISP, and we've been asked by one of our
customers to delegate reverse DNS for 63.250.251.0/24 to their DNS servers,
ns1.emns.com - ns4.emns.com. Unfortunately, we've never had to delegate DNS
to a customer before, and we're having problems getting it to work.

We're running BIND 9.5.1 on Fedora.

In your zone

251.250.63.in-addr.arpa (If you do not have a zone, create it.)
place the following four NS records as delegation records:

@    IN  NS  ns1.emns.com.
     IN  NS  ns2.emns.com.
     IN  NS  ns3.emns.com.
     IN  NS  ns4.emns.com.

I believe that that will delegate the /24 to those servers from your
servers.  The delegation could occur at the parent level, but you
do not control the parent

     250.63.in-addr.arpa

zone.
No, you can't do a "sideways" delegation like that.

The correct solution, as stated elsewhere, is to get 251.250.63.in-addr.arpa delegated directly from ARIN to the customer.

- Kevin