I got it fixxed with an allow-query statement.

But this arises another question: Does bind implicitly add allow-queries for locally attached interfaces and the networks configured for these?

I am asking, because it used to work for all the subnets directly attached to the machine.

Regards

-Sven

Sven Eschenberg schrieb:
Dear list,

I have one client with a specific zone. When the client does a query for localhost on the nameserver, or a reverse lookup for 127.0.0.1, everything seems perfectly okay. As soon, as the client tries to lookup i.e. google.de or any external ip, I am getting query refused errors.

Sep 30 14:21:40 gw named[28715]: client <ip of matched client>#1039: view watchdog: query (cache) 'www.google.de/A/IN' denied Sep 30 14:21:40 gw named[28715]: client <ip of matched client>#1040: view watchdog: query (cache) 'www.google.de/A/IN' denied

The DNS-Server works as a recursor for the client.

What puzzles me most is: I cloned another internal view, which works perfectly well for the clients matched by it.

What might I be missing here, what can trigger a query refused answer like this?

Regards

-Sven