On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 04:38:22PM +0300,
 Alans <batpowe...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
 a message of 141 lines which said:

> I know this is a little bit off topic but I would like to know how
> BIND will handle non English domain names?

Non-English domain names? What's that? Is coca-cola.com an english
domain name? I do not find Coca-Cola in the Webster. And is
jeanne-d-arc.fr an english domain name?

If you are talking about IDN (Internationalized Domain Names), domain
names in Unicode, the way they are specified, they don't require a
change in the name servers, so BIND can handle them just fine.

> ICANN started working on non English domains from today as far as I
> know.

ICANN, may be, but the rest of the world is working with IDN for at
least six years (the standard was issued in 2003 and the first
implementations appeared immediately).