Thanks a lot Jake!

elsif wrote:
http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/dns/ch16_02.htm

If I were setting up what you describe, I'd make the router(s) for the given network(s) simply forward tcp port 25 to your mail servers for all non-mailserver hosts.

I could be wrong, but to me it'd be much cleaner than the use of DNS wildcards.

I'm sure there's someone hardcore enough on-list to tell you how to do it that way with the least amount of impact, though.

-jake