I had some problems with versions prior 9.7.0, when the response time 
dramatically increased for hours after two or 3 days after cache reached the 
maximum size in the memory. I used to restart named process and everything was 
good for few days again. I have 9.7.0 up for the last week and it didn't runned 
into this issue... yet.

Anyway, I tried to preventive flush the cache using "rndc flush" but nothing 
happened in terms of memory used by named. If I kill the process the cache 
start building again, but with "rndc flush" there are no changes on the size of 
used memory. Also anytime I use "rndc flush" I'm getting a Warning:

# rndc flush
WARNING: key file (/etc/rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file 
(/etc/rndc.conf)
#

Is any chance I can figure out why "rndc flush" is not purging the cache and 
eventually fix the WARNING message?

Thank you,
Julian
 
_______________________________________________
bind-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users

Reply via email to