On Mar 21, 2010, at 2:22 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:

In article <mailman.897.1269129914.21153.bind-us...@lists.isc.org>,
groups <gro...@obsd.us> wrote:

I did not know there were MACROs available.. as I just inheirited this
legacy system less than one month ago..

There aren't macros, just one special tool for creating a block of DNS
entries that contain sequential numbers in them.

<pedant>
Well I think that you could make a reasonable case that $GENERATE is a macro: "An abstraction whereby a certain textual pattern is replaced according to a defined set of rules"
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_(computer_science)
</pedant>

Sorry, just being difficult,

What does it being a legacy system have to do with it?  It's running a
recent version of BIND, that's all that matters for this.

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA