Kevin Darcy schrieb:
On 3/30/2010 3:53 PM, Markus Feldmann wrote:
Hi All,

i tried to reload my config and zones with rndc. My Bind version is BIND 9.5.1-P3. My rndc.key looks like this.
key feld-server.feldland.lan. {
    algorithm HMAC-MD5.SIG-ALG.REG.INT;
    secret TNCrihQV8NjY6bzA5GMJIg==;
};

This is what i also got from creating the sig-key. I still included this key into my named.conf and into dhcpd.conf.

But i get this message.
rndc: unsupported algorithm: HMAC-MD5.SIG-ALG.REG.INT

What is the Problem?

AFAIK, the only algorithm supported by rndc is "hmac-md5".

- Kevin

P.S. Why would you copy an rndc key into dhcpd.conf?

I need a key for my DHCP-Server to make Zone-Updates (DDNS). And the key looks like the key in my file rndc.key but the algorithm is named HMAC-MD5.SIG-ALG.REG.INT

I am not sure whether i can use another key for rndc?

regards Markus