To: "ic.nssip" <ic.ns...@northwestel.net>
Cc: <bind-us...@isc.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: Query - No Response

In message <7a3585b6892549319c6942b1fd94d...@internal.corp.ds>, "ic.nssip" writ
es:
Hi Mark,

What is the reason for rejecting non-autoritative answers?

A server that is configured to serve the zone and has loaded it
cleanly sets AA.  If you don't get aa then the server is lame or
it doesn't have a clean load of the zone.  In either case you should
move on to the next server.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC