On 01/-10/37 13:59, Kalman Feher wrote:

Second, make sure the tested effective size appears in your named.conf in
the options statement "edns-udp-size" on your resolver.

In your case:
  edns-udp-size 3843;

Mine are all saying "x.x.x.x sent EDNS buffer size 4096" when I run the dns-oarc.net test, which I assume is the default. I, too, get the 3843 "at least" value.

Why would I set it to 3843? Wouldn't I want it to be set to 4096 even if *some* device between here and dns-oarc.net only allows that smaller value?

I just woke up to this issue, sorry to say. Interestingly, it didn't come up (directly) during the Educause webinar about DNSSEC last week (.edu will be signed in July).

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
pl...@ou.edu