Is there a bug in the implementation of the update-policy or do I not have a
grasp on how it should work?

If wanted to only allow machines in an Active Directory the ability to update
their 'A' records shouldn't I be able to use a statement like this:

        update-policy {
                grant <REALM> ms-self * A;
        }

For some reason the only thing that works is setting a grant ANY and then
restricting records with a deny before the grant statement. This seems like
overkill if all I want to allow is 'A' records.

Also, it appears that you cannot deny 'AAAA' and allow 'A'. Any time I set a
deny for 'AAAA' it also blocks 'A' records.

Are these bugs or by design?
Nicholas Miller, ITS, University of Colorado at Boulder