Why not? OpenDNS is a good example i think.
Also, i think as mentioned in Kal's email, DNS RPZ from isc is an approach to implement these functionalities at DNS level.

We want to give individuals/customers access to their account to block what they want to block, something similar to OpenDNS but in a small scale.

regards,
Alans