A slightly different, but allied question: we are seeing a situation where (Red Hat or CentOS) servers with 2 nameservers in their resolv.conf files nearly hang in name resolution with 2 nameservers listed, but run quickly if one of the nameservers is deleted from the resolve.conf. Both the referenced nameservers are on the same internal subnet, 10.5.0.2, 10.5.0.3

The two internal nameservers are running AIXV5.3 and BIND 9.2.1

I haven't delved into this yet, but I'd welcome suggestions on where I should be looking.........

--
"One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human being." - May Sarton Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Bard College, New York 12504 sd...@bard.edu voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 845-758-7035