May I suggest the book DNS and Bind 5th edition.

Availible from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/DNS-BIND-5th-Cricket-Liu/dp/0596100574/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293629633&sr=8-1

All of these things can be done.  Do some reading!

Yes you setup forwarding only for the microsoft domain name. And yes you can setup BIND to not answer questions from the Internet about your Microsoft domain, but in my opinion that is not necessary. You do want to disable recursive queries from the Internet and there are no pointers out on the Internet pointing your microsoft domain to you BIND server, so noone outside your internal network will know about the microsoft domain.

The book has examples plus syntax and examples that will cover the rest of your questions.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.

Riccardo Castellani wrote:
>Hopefully the microsoft domain is a name that is not availible on the
>internet, like mymsdomain.local. Then your microsoft server is known as
>domaincontroller.mymsdomain.local.
Of course !

>In that case you would setup a forwarder in BIND for mymsdomain.local that
>points to the microsoft dns servers.

Ok, but I'd like understanding if:
1- for every query to BIND there is always a forwarding to microsoft dns
servers or if there is only a forwarding for queries containing
'mymsdomain.local' domain ?
2- If I configure BIND how you suggest me, can I not permit Internet queries
for ''mymsdomain.local' ?
3- Can you show me sample example of forwarding configure file for specific
domain, please ?