On 1/11/2011 11:40 PM, p...@mail.nsbeta.info wrote:
These triggered the release of 9.7.2-P1
when we were rejecting these after tightening the response processing
to treat glue to answer responses as referrals to address the issue
of named return glue records from the parent zones rather than the
actual answers in the child zones.

Sorry I'm not the english speaking people.
What does this statement mean?

To be honest, I'm not sure.

I think the gist is that one may see different AA=0 or AA=1 behavior from a BIND resolver, even on data originating from authoritative nameservers, depending on how broken those authoritative nameservers are, and what version of BIND is in effect. Also, answers from cached data will be AA=0. So the bottom line: the AA flag can't really be relied upon by an end-resolver so any caching decision made based on its setting would be foolish.

- Kevin