On Feb 8, 2011, at 10:47 AM, fddi wrote:

> I need really something very simple:
>

> I have 2 domain name servers, I need them to be multi-master

Please explain -- *why* do you need multimaster?

> so I will put a mysql instance on each one,
> the two mysql servers in sync whith each other.
>
> when one of the servers goes down, the other continue to work.

If you have "traditional" master-slave and the "master" goes down, the slave
will continue to serve the last information it had (at least, until the expire
timer goes "boing").

So, make Server_A be the master, Server_B the slave and set expire to be a
couple of weeks. Assuming Server_A goes kablooie, you have 2 weeks to promote
Server_B from slave to master...

> There are very few entry in hte database let;s say 10 entries of important
> internet services which must be
> always avaliable... that's it nothing complicate.

Yup.

> now I coudl succesfully build my own bind RPM for CentOS with mysql backend
> support.
> I simply used mysql-bind driver patches

Ah, but now, suddenly, it *is* complicated...

Seriously, unless you have some pathological use case traditional master/ slave
is way way more stable...