On 2011-05-20, at 00:35, Carlos Vicente wrote:

> That's news to me.  What's the failure mode? Does the server return SERVFAIL,
> or does it not set the AD flag, or...?

It's another undefined condition in the RFCs, and so the outcome is
implementation specific.  I believe in the case of BIND the authoritative
algorithm wins out, and so you get RRSIGs and no AD flag.  I haven't tested
this one out personally, but I vaguely recall the problem coming up on one of
the DNS operations lists several months ago, so someone else may have a more
detailed answer.