Assume that bind 9.8.0 is in operation. A zone is configured with auto-dnssec
maintain, and the zone signing keys K and its successor K' are published.
Further assume that the activation time for K has passed and the zone is
properly signed with K. Now suppose that the activation time for K' arrives.
Should I expect bind to generate RRSIG records with K' right away? Now suppose
that the deactivation date for K arrives one day later. Should I expect bind to
remove RRSIG records for K right away? Or only after the signature expiration
times of those signatures?

Jeffry A. Spain
Network Administrator
Cincinnati Country Day School
6905 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243-2898, USA
Phone +1 (513) 979-0299; Fax +1 (513) 527-7632 (UTC-4)