On 24/06/11 14:22, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
I am using BIND 9.7.2-P2.

I have two views, one "internal" and one for "external" queries.  In
both of those views I have some zones which are common so I put them
into their own file "zones.common" and include that file in both of the
views.

The problem I am having is that when I make a dynamic update to a common
zone, only the internal view sees that change.  External queries still
return the data prior to the update.  If I restart the server, then
external queries get the updated data.

That's not supported. You will need to transfer the zone from the the internal view to the external view, and store them in different files. This kind of things gets discussed on the list often - you can find more info in the archives.