On 07/08/11 16:06, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Hm, are you using the same zonefile for both your versions of the zone,
trying to share it between multiple views? If you are - don't. Views are
an abomination, giving people plenty of rope to hang themself with AND
plenty of chances to shoot themselves in the feet :D

Ahh, yes you are right, I am sharing a zone file between views. How does one
achieve acl matches without the use of views? I have a split dns setup
specifically
on this bind instance and don't know how to achieve this without views?

Thanks!
jlc

You can have views and separate zone files. You need to plan and it helps to read the FAQs at ISC about this.

http://www.isc.org/faq/item/191

http://www.isc.org/faq/item/182

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.