On 7/11/2011 4:06 PM, Bill Owens wrote:
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2011-March/083109.html
  in which the first sentence says it all: "The nameservers for wikipedia.org are
broken."
It's not just wikipedia.org that's broken, obviously. I see this error in my logs for 19 domains since July 3:

Even if PowerDNS is the only source of this issue, and even if the new version of PowerDNS is released tomorrow, I'm sure there will still be sites running the old version a year from now. So just relying on a PowerDNS release to fix this problem seems unwise.

Users are experiencing this problem /now/ in the field, and more users will be experiencing it as BIND is upgraded in more and more places. Every single user relying on a Fedora 15 DNS server, for example, is going to see occasional unnecessary DNS timeouts when trying to resolve host names.

It seems clear to me that a generally available, generally applicable fix to BIND is needed to avoid this issue and perhaps similar issues like it.

  jik