On 4/20/2012 10:55 AM, John Wingenbach wrote:
I've noticed the support in ARM for specifying both the "forward" and "forwarders" configuration in a zone stanza for "slave" zones. What is the purpose and value of specifying such? It seems contradictory and confusing.

Yes, it is confusing IMO, but "forwarders { };" is how you turn off forwarding for subzones of a slave or stub zone, if you have forwarding defined at a higher level of the hierarchy, or globally (i.e. in the "options" statement). That's why it's allowed in a slave or stub definition.

I've always thought this should be made more explicit, e.g. "forward-subzones yes|no", or "inherit-forwarding yes|no", but hey, I didn't get a vote on that...

- Kevin