On 15.03.13 15:25, Abdellatif ... wrote:
I want to optimize the call to remote dns server to resolve domain names
each time needed. What i want to do is that if the hostname is
requested for the first time than call the remote dns (for example
8.8.8.8) to resolve it, once called then recorded for later use in such
way when next time the seem domain name is requested for resolve than
the cached ip is grabbed without need to call remote dns to maximize
speed to optimize network traffic.

This is how BIND normally works.

It doesn't seem to use the cache, here is the call of dig mail.com :

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> mail.com
[...]
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

this is clearly a cached answer (aa flag is missing). How did you come to
the conclusion that caching does not work?

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.