On Aug 21, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Nidal Shater <ngiw2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed BIND by using the command " yum install bind" in
> "centos6.3",what is the location(path) of the  source code  and espically the
> ".c" files on my filesystem

Yeah, if you did 'yum install bind' then you probably don't have the source
installed -- it simply installed the binaries.

What I would suggest is downloading and installing from source instead. You
will need a few prerequisites installed -- primarily gcc.
It is fairly simple…

I have a script that does (I have chopped out much of the unneeded stuff)

# Where to download and build…
BUILD_LOC=/usr/local/src/bind

echo -e "Installing needed packages...."
apt-get install gcc wget libssl-dev

echo -e "Going to download BIND $BIND_VER and build in $BUILD_LOC"
mkdir -p $BUILD_LOC
cd $BUILD_LOC/
wget --quiet ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/$BIND_VER/*.tar.gz

tar -xvzf bind-$BIND_VER*.gz
# Won't rm the directory :-P
rm bind-$BIND_VER*.gz
cd bind-$BIND_VER*

# Now make:
./configure --with-openssl=yes --with-randomdev=/dev/urandom --enable-threads

# Make
make
make install

/etc/init.d/named restart

STATUS=`dig www.example.com @localhost`
echo "Status: $STATUS"

> Nidal

I had no shoes and wept.  Then I met a man who had no feet.  So I said, "Hey
man, got any shoes you're not using?"