On 18.11.13 13:57, Chiesa Stefano wrote:
I have a "closed" bind dns server. It answers only to queries related to
zones it is authoritative for (a normal behaviour... right?).
I have dns zones that contain cname that points to hostnames in domains
not managed by that server.
So it won't resolve that names returning the cname to the client.

I'd like to know if there is a way to tell to BIND "if the external
resource is in a domain managed by you, resolve (do recourse)"

There is not. Either bind does recurse, or it does not. If a DNS server is
authoritative-only, it is only contacted by other (recursive) DNS servers
that would (or, at least should) not trust what it says in ADDITIONAL
section of its responses (where the CNAME content in non-authoritative cases
belongs to).
Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".