On 2013-12-19 14:54, /dev/rob0 wrote:
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 02:48:59PM -0600,
   Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:
Got reports that users are unable to send mail to usda.gov
sites using our campus SMTP server (where we have usda.gov
sites on campus.)

The users have said they were able to send using other servers
like Google and Microsoft.

When I look at my system, its unable to resolve the domain name.

Dec 19 14:51:43 chestnut named[11604]: validating @0x7f17880be380:
usda.gov DNSKEY: no valid signature found (DS)

DNSSEC failure on their end.

I had checked my dnssec.log, but nothing for usda.gov in it...but now that I look closer, the file hasn't updated since Jan 29th....seems somebody changed the resolv.conf on my smtp servers...so I've been looking at the wrong caching servers.

Guess this latest problem with usda.gov started around 10:16 CST...though there are errors logged going back to Nov 19 (the first log line is Nov 17 00:16, and the 10M file before has nothing for usda.gov, from Nov 14 18:46...wonder if I dare keep more dnssec logs)

--
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally