On Apr 11 2014, Frederic Woodbridge wrote:

Apologies if this has been discussed; I searched the archives and didn't find
anything.

I'd like to know why the "search" and "domain" settings in the Windows
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\resolv.conf don't seem to make a difference.
Anyone know?

If you are asking "why doesn't dig take any notice of these settings",
that's not Windows-specific. From the dig man page:

    +[no]search
        Use [do not use] the search list defined by the
        searchlist or domain directive in resolv.conf (if any).
        The search list is not used by default.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: c...@cam.ac.uk