What isn't clear so far is whether the TXT record you're looking up is in the "myserver.org" zone or some other zone.

If you're authoritative for myserver.org, you're authoritative for *all* of myserver.org. named isn't going to do "failover forwarding" just because you neglected to add a TXT record to your zone file. It'll give a negative response to the query. forward first/forward only has no effect whatsoever on that behavior.

                                - Kevin