On 06/01/15 22:52, Anne Bennett wrote:

I don't know what to make of this; it looks as though the
technology is several years old, and my experience with ISC
bind is usually excellent.  Has anyone else encountered this
type of flakiness?

No, but we're not using client-ip RPZ, just qname-based blacklists.

I've had a couple of occurrences of runaway CPU use triggered by a large RPZ AXFR, but no-one seems to believe me when I bring it up here, so I've stopped bothering :o/

But we certainly haven't see the kind of sporadic issue you describe. It might be that the client-ip stuff is newer?

Not sure how you'd debug it.