hi everybody

I'm trying something simple, or I thought it'd be simple, I realize my question should rather go towards DHCPD community, but I feel like I might be missing something on DNS part. for organizational, or for test if you like, purposes I would like to have

subdomain.inparent.zone (so no delegations, just in parent zone) - this works with nsupdate simply:

> zone inparent.zone.
> update add host.subdomain.inparent.zone 86400 in a 10.10.1.10
> send
$ host host.subdomain
and it resolves fine, and if I fix my resolv.conf respectively it even resolves host

is above correct and nothing else in terms of records & configs is required in order to add a subdomain to already existing parent? and if so, would you know if it's hosts(dhcpd clients) that need specific configs or just DHCPd does the lot?
I should mention it's all dnssec.

many thanks.