On 02.06.16 21:28, MURTARI, JOHN wrote:
We'd like to limit RAM usage by BIND (9.9.8/RHEL) on some authoritative
test servers.  A load of configured zones would require over 10 Gig of
RAM, but the boxes only have 4 Gig.  We actually query only a few zones
for testing (response time is not an issue) and didn't want to do the work
of changing some standard zone lists and data we use.

what kind of zones are they? why do you load them if you don't want to use
them?

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".