On 07.10.16 15:01, Daniel Dawalibi wrote:
We are getting "Unspecified error" when querying our DNS server (Query:
outlook.live.com)  from  a PC communication with our DNS

We tried to perform the same query from the DNS itself (local host) and we
found that the Dig output is showing with the following message "Truncated,
retrying in TCP mode".

We also observed that the message size of the requested query
"outlook.live.com" increased recently from MSG SIZE 221 to 770

Can you please help why we are getting this error (client side) and why the
TCP mode is shown in the dig output since other queries do not show TCP mode
in their output?

truncated in UDP mode and thus must be responded in TCP mode.

try running:

dig +bufsize=4096 outlook.live.com.

that shoud avoid  TCP...

Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody