Folks,
                God only knows, the DDOS hackers are probably on this
list....but I have to ask what protections DYN had in place before the attack
occurred.  RRL has been promoted as some protection against these types of
attacks.  If they had it in place, did it help or was the pure volume of
traffic the real issue?

                I know companies are loathe to share info with competitors, but
the wolves are out there and we sheep need to communicate a bit with each other.

                I think ISC does have secure channels with large corporate
users.  Is something in place to share attack info, protections that were used?
  Might be a good idea.

                Best regards!